Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu Editor on Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmero

Technical User
Mar 31, 2001
FR
Hi,

I am developping an application with Visual Basic and I want to perform a menu using the menu editor.
I don't have the documentation which explains the different properties of the window editor.
What is the meaning of following caracteristics :

- Name
- Index
- HelpContextID
- Checked
- Enabled
- Visible
- WindowList

Deep explanations or examples will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Dear Sir...
In the menu editor do the following:
1- in the name field specify the name that your application will use to access that menu object. Note that every menu item such as File, Open, Close, etc. should have a name that allow you to control it from your application at run time.
2- in the caption field specify the name that will appear to the user such as File or Open.
3- the checked will put a mark in front of the menu item.
4- the enabled will allow the menu item to work. if it is not enabled the menu item will appear as dimmed.
5- For the Visible property it will allow the menu item to dissappear from the menu if it is false.
6- If you are planning to use an array of window items then you should give an index number for that menu item.
For the other properties I am sorry.

Good Luck

Look up Menu Editor in the help files. It is all there. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back