Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu Bar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I've seen screenshots of desktops with the menu bar at the top turned off. How do I do that? Thanks.

Iolair MacWalter

Thanks! Lots of great ideas, and thanks for introducing me to Macworld.

Iolair

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

But effective.

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Effective if you have a small screen and want to maximize area space to get the most of it. I think the Menu bar is small anyways, why waste money on that. Too bad you could and should be running windows...lol...jk....

R. Corrigan Jr.
Network+, (working on CCENT+CCNA)

Okay, I believe my chain is being yanked here. I do run Windows as well - if I could fix Microsoft's "taskbar" I'd just do that. Good thing I still have my DOS laptop and my OS/2 laptop.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

You can also auto-hide Windows' taskbar. ...Or is that not what needs fixed?

I don't really want to hide the taskbar, but would like to be able to shrink it so it's not wall to wall - I like the way the Mac dock can be resized - KDE, and I believe Gnome support this as well. About all you can do is move the Windows taskbar to the right, left, top, or bottom. Not what I'm looking for. Yes, there are add-ons that'll do it. My favorite look was the way the dock appeared in OS/2 Warp.

Thanks for all the input.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back