Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

menu bar hidden when child form activate ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

denis60

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
CA
Hi everyone!

I have a mdi form with 2 children form. I put a menu bar in my mdi form. One of the 2 children form (always the second form) when clicked hide the menu bar and reappear when the first child form is clicked. Why???

Thanks in advance!

Look at the form's NegotiateMenu property.

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

No! Always the same trouble...

Ahem ... does 'the second form' have it's own menu assigned that either has no caption or the visibility property is unchecked?

Ok i forgot to tell you, i have a popup menu on the second child form. I removed it and my mdi menu bar has reappear.
Is it possible that 2 menu (mdi menu bar and child popup bar) cannot work together???

Correct. The menu of an MDI child, if it exists, will replace the menu of the MDI parent when the child is activated.

what would be the best way to have both visible...changing the popup menu on child form with a real form

I normally host all my popups on their own (not visible) form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back