Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu bar - has gotten away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTech2

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
US
I am in the process of creating a new database. Somehow, the menu bar has gotten away from me. It changes as I go from one form or table to another.

There are only a few thing I really want on the menu bar, but even when I go to the tools options and set it up, I end up with more then I want, or duplicates or less.

How do I get back the default menu bar, and lock it in.

Thank you for your help.

PhoneTech2, try this and see if this solves your problem; first create a new menu bar by going to tools\customize then push the new button. Drag and all icons that you need on this new menu bar (which can also be a toolbar - by changing its properties). Next rename this menu bar and drag it underneath the original menu bar. On the customize window uncheck all menu bars you don't need. Now scroll through tools\startup. In the startup window scroll through the list of menu bars available, click on the menu you want to appear on your database (it can be the default setting if you want). Save the database and close it. Reopen it and only your menu bar should appear at the top. Hope this answers your question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back