Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu and toolbar corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheer8923

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
US
I recently started to have this problem. The title, menu and toolbar of all application can be corrupted. It only get refreshed when I move the mouse over it. The popup menu can also become blank.

This seems to happen in 2 situations: after I connected TV to the computer and later turn it off; or after I run Premiere.

The problem is not 100% predictable. Sometime it can be quite different, such as fail to shutdown.

Is there any way to track this down?

thanks!

Can you take a picture of your screen with a camera and post it so we can see exactly what you mean.

Other than seeing, I'd try updating your video driver as the number 1 step. Scanning for malware wouldn't be a bad idea (in general) using MalwareByte's Anti-Malware. Google mbam-setup.exe to get the download link.

Some general things to try.

See if System Restore will get you back to a restore point before your problem with Explorer.

Try running ChkDsk to check your drive for errors. Right-click your Drive icon/ Properties/ Tools/ Error Checking. Select both boxes.

310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

316434 - HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

I see lots of recommendations here for programs like -

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

SuperAntispyware

[quote}This seems to happen in 2 situations: after I connected TV to the computer and later turn it off; or after I run Premiere.[/quote]as mentioned, sounds like the driver for the GFX card needs updating, and could you please post the make and model of the GFX card, the PSU and specs on the mainboard...

all this could play a role in the problem...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

MSI ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512MB. Latest driver from MSI website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back