Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Useage

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
Is there a way to tell how much memory certain features are using? I've opened task manager, but I can't find a process for DHCP or DNS or IIS. Is there a way to tell how much RAM these things use? Maybe from the command line?

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Probably because most windows services are under the guise of SVCHOST.exe (as you will see multiple instances of this in the Windows task manager)

Process Explorer ( ) will give you a better view than Task Manager. You can see look at each svchost process and see what it's actually running plus the view can be customized to show various memory measurements.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Yes, there are several instances of svchost.exe running. Thanks for the Process Explorer tip, that'll fix me up.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back