Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory requirement for dell axim x30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertieuk

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2004
Hi

I am about to purchase a new dell axim x30 (624MHz, 64M SDRAM, 802.11 etc).

I need to be sure that I purchase the correct amount of additional Secure Digital Memory. I would probably add software/utilities, music files etc. Can anyone recommend a workable amount of memory as well as the top end I would ever probably need.

Also....does windows 2003 se come with wsh or access to wmi.......I want to develope wsh visual basic scripting and test.

Thanks

Si

I can't help you with the second question but the answer to the first is "as much as you can afford", as I had a 256MB card and found that it wasn't quite enough. I use my PDA as a portable music player and there wasn't really enough space to give me a week's worth of music for travelling to/from work (about 10 hours a week).

I would recommend installing applications in the device's own flash memory, as the SD card is removeable and you want your apps to be available at all times. Also not all apps are happy being installed to removeable memory.

If you look on eBay huge SD cards can be found for a fraction of the price you're paying for the PDA, so there's little point in saving a relatively small amount by getting anything less than a 512MB card. As long as you buy from someone with plenty of good feedback you shouldn't have a problem.

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back