Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory problems with forms 2003 and 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

puforee

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have a split data base. The front end contains, forms,queries,reports...

Occassionally, when I am creating or modifying a form and I close/save it...when I open it again I get a Memory error...shut down unnecessary applications. Well, no applications are running except Access. This happens on my XP computer with 4 gig of ram and on my WIN 7 computer with 8 gig of ram.

Some of these changes are very minor: example, I am using the Swtichboard that comes with Access. I have one level of buttons. I put a text field on the left side of the switch board form and populated it with text. No other modifications have been made to the standard switch board. When I closed the switch board and attempted to reopen it, in Form view or design view...I received the Memory issue notification. Of course I could not open it in design to attempt a fix. I had to delete the Switchboard form and inport one from a backup DB.

Does anyone know why this happens? Also, compact and repair does not fix the issue...the form becomes unusable.

The front end of the DB is showing 11,144 Meg in size. This is also strange...because not matter how much I add to the DB...it stays at 11.144 meg. By selecting properties it shows in Excess of 10 meg. I have had DB's quite a bit bigger than this in the past with no problems.

Thanks,

Sounds like there could be some form level corruption. I would create a blank datatabase. Then link the tables. Then import the queries, then import the forms, reports, and code. Debug and compile. Then compact and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back