Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory leakage

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShen

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
US
Hi, I am running into a memory issue. Never had the problem on ACCESS 2000, under VISTA. Now running on ACCESS 2007 and windows 10.
Code is fairly simple. Sending out emails to a bunch of customers (roughly 600) with an attached report. It basically is a do while loop using the record and using the following. DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, stDocName, acFormatPDF, FileName & ".PDF", False

Everything works fine but the memory just keeps climbing after each email and then it dies and says insufficient memory to process.

While watching it run under task manager under vista, you can see the releasing of memory on each report. The memory creeps up a small tad but nothing like it does under the newer version. The older version creeps up maybe 1 meg for 10 reports. So over 600 maybe 60 meg. The newer version, approx. 1-3 meg for every report and it basically just kills itself.

This is for an ADP.
Like I said the process is as follows:
1) get recordset of all customers
2) loop for each customer.
a) get email and customer attributes from recordset
b) execute docmd and create report.
c) email report.
3) Go get next customer.

Thanks. I have 2 databases left to convert over before I can rid of the Vista machine. Stuck right now.

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

This seemed familiar to me... I didn't find it with a quick google but ran across some debate on using compatibility mode with office 2007. It is worth a shot... I have not done that in Windows 10, so another search... usually part of a shortcut I think.

running under ACCESS 10 and it seems to be handling the memory issue.

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

I am reading Access 2010 on Windows 10 fixes the issue. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back