Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Leak ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenred

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
GB
Hello All

We have a strange situation here, we are running win 2000 server and still using office 97. We have a file server and there are three terminal servers, all users use terminal server to acces the network.

We have about half a dozen users were one of them will open a word document, type something in and the word process will start using up all the available memory till the server hangs. It is always on the same terminal server.

Its always one of the same users but not the same document, if the user logs off and back on again sometimes they will be OK, other times the same thing will happen. I have removed the user from the network, and added them back in, but it still happens, I also removed their profiles and get them to log back on but annoyingly it still happens to the same users.

In the end if we move the user to another terminal server they are OK. All three terminal servers are set up the same, they have the same RAM, motherboards and processors, the same programs are installed on all servers, and Windows Updates are all up to date.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Ken

Wow, set the wayback machine to 1997. That's almost a decade. I bet it's not supported any more. Jerry had just released Boggy Depot, and Layne was still hang'n with the Gacy Bunch (Mad Season). Me, I was banging the keybord in frustration as word lockup yet again with an out of memory error. Anyway, some of us are old enough to remember the myriad of memory leaks in Word back then. Try:

Thanks for the reply xmsre, sorry about the delay in replying I have been out of the office for two days, and just got back.

I know Office 97, and you are right its not supported any more, its a joke. Been trying to confince the powers that be to upgrade but they wont bite. Just kicked us back from upgrading to 2003 Server as well.

I will give the link a try later on, and let you know.

Cheers

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back