Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory leak on SP8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I have several Netware 6.5 SP8 servers on the network and might have a memory leak issue. To start out with one of the servers in question. After a clean fresh reboot the server and the resource memory shows about 65% after I run a full backup over the weekend the memory resource drops down to 55%. After the backup the memory is not released so after about 2 week later the server starts to run slow resource drops to about 38% and I have to reboot the server. I was looking at the TSAFS.nlm as possibly one of my problems. Im ckecking to see if anyone might have had the same problem. Also the same problem happened with SP7 and thought changing to sp8 would fix the problem.

Update to last message
I have all the updates to the backup software and all the updates to netware 6.5 sp8. After a backup last night with the changes made to Tsafs command. I still show a reduction in the memory size. The week days a incramental backups so I saw a small drop in memory. the weekend backup is a full backup so I should see a large change in the memory on Monday. I checked Novell's support site and found a TID 7001701 showing a new tsafs.nlm on the support site, but based on the information they showed I could not find that patch. They show another update but that tsafs files are already on the server. I also have 2 other netware servers in the same tree and they do not get backed up by my backup server and the memory resource's stay the same. If I see a big change on Monday it looks like a call to tech support.

An update on the memory leak. There is a new TSA patch out on Novell's web site called TSA5UP23.zip, that fixed my problem. The tsafs.nlm is the same as on the SP8 updates but there were some patched that were back dated to a different rev. After the patches were added the server I checked the server over weekend and memory stayed the same. So if someone has problems with a memory leak while running a backup you may look into adding the patches to the server. Also I added in the autoexec.ncf for the TSAFS to say load tsafs /cachememorythreshold=1 which also seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back