Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memory Leak in Jet OLEDB 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

getbabs

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
US
I found some interesting & shocking thing about Microsoft Jet OLEDB 4.0 Engine.

My Application is written with MFC/ADO/Access 2000. Initially it starts with 6 MB and the application memory shoots up to 140 MB eating all the virtual memory in the system, crashing the applciation. I didn't find any possible memory leaks in my application.

The problem is that it doesn't frees the virtual memory, whenever it flushes the data from Vitual Memory to Hard Disk.

I found these two articles in MSDN :

Memory Use Climbs with Multiple Recordsets Under a Single Jet Session/Connection (Q247140):
As per the status in the article, the problem has been fixed with Jet4.0 Service Pack 6.
But i tried with Jet4Sp6, but still no improvement and also i tried with mutilple connection, but no improvement.

PRB: Jet OLE DB Provider Consuming Too Much Memory (Q248014):
As per the resolution in the article, i tried with setting Jet OLEDB:Max Buffer Size=2048, but still i didn't get any improvement.

If anybody has come across this problem, Could you please share your views??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back