Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memory cooler ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
US
Question... a active memory cooler. Does it make a differenc which you can feel on applications??

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::

Not unless the cooling helps to work the memory at beyond its rated speed. I like reliable error free memory so I won't ever be overrating memory. You'll notice errors when your system (and your apps) freezes.

I wonder if overclockers actually make their machines do useful work. Redoing work lost after a system halt is frightfully tedious (and very slow).

[lipstick]

No - a memory cooler of any type is part of an overall cooling strategy. It's main use is for dissipating the excess heat produced by overclocking - which will speed up applications :).

ok - so if i don't overclock my unit then i actl. don't need a memoery cooler? right? but if i run video and graphic software, it would not be wrong to put a memory cool on, right?

... what about all the extra fans u can put on the case? du u really need them?

:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::

If your system is already running stable, then you probably don't _need_ to add any more cooling. However, extra cooling doesn't hurt anything, so go ahead and do it if you _want_ to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back