Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEMO FOR SALES ORDERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvishal

MIS
Oct 9, 2001
US
WE HAVE A FEATURE IN MEMO WHERE YOU CAN CREATE MEMOS LIKE FOR A CUSTOMER OR SOMETHING ELSE. DO WE HAVE SUCH A FEATURE ALSO FOR INDIVIDUAL SALES ORDER.

THANKS

Yes you can add anote for a sales order or a purchase order. After youassign the Sales order number the little "pad of paper" shows up in the top right hand corner. Once you enter the note it will outline the "pad of paper" in red, you can also choose to have the note POP UP during other points of entry to the sales order or customer.

Yes you can add anote for a sales order or a purchase order. After you assign the Sales order number the little "pad of paper" shows up in the top right hand corner. Once you enter the note it will outline the "pad of paper" in red, you can also choose to have the note POP UP during other points of entry to the sales order or customer.

I think the original post is asking if there is a way to add a memo to a sales order, so that memo is unique to that order. For example, MEMO - "SHIPPING, please make sure to include the catalog with this shipment.", then depending on forms used, display that message in a 'memo' box at the bottom of the pack list or order form. This would also be handy to record changes to the order, or other notes that may or may not need to be printed.

Bottom line is that I don't think MAS90 facilitates this feature. Maybe a good wish list item.

I have two possible solutions/workarounds for you. If you really want the "Pop-up" Memo, you can have a user create a new "customer memo" with the order number as the memo code. From this point anyone accessing the order will see that there are memo assigned and you will have a procedure that the code is the order number. The only downside to this is after the orders are closed you may want to delete the memo's. Note you will have to allow for memo maintenance during sales order entry in Sales Order set-up.

If the purpose of these memo is to give instructions to other preople in your organization I would suggest that you use the comment codes to have them print on internal picking slips.

Hope this helps

Michael Gillen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back