Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo Fields 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingers

Programmer
Nov 17, 2000
I am working on a database project where I select a text file from a filelist box, run it through several procedures to extract data and finally write the data to a recordset. Everything works fine if I manually select the input file from the list and finally call a save procedure by clicking a "Save" button. I have processed over 100 files this way (one right after the other) with no errors encountered. Incidentally, one of the fields in the recordset is a memo field.
My problem is, if I enclose all the working procedures in a for-next loop or a do-loop, everything works for about 3 or 4 iterations and then the memo field starts getting screwed up, as if the system was running faster than the memo field could handle while the other recordset data is intact.
I'm sure I'm missing something here that is probably basic, but so far, greek to me!

fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back