Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo Fields in report footers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeGuy

Programmer
Oct 1, 1998
US
Does anyone know the limitiations of word wrapping when a memo field is embedded into a text box on a report footer. <br>
If you have a long text string with no CR/LF then Crystal seems to loose some of the text in wrapping to the next line. I know the text is there in the access database as a memo field. If I strategiclly place a CR within the text Crystal does not loose the text. It seems to me that maybe Crystal only retrieves x number of characters to wrap and ignores anything after that point on that line.<br>
Crystal tech support was no real help and doesn't seem to know. They suggested that the problem was the printer driver. I tried different drivers but with no change.

I have found both page footers and report footers to behave differently than group footers when it comes to printing multiline text. A work around might be to place your memo field in a group footer, and if you want this to print only at the end of the report (ie in a simulated report footer) then format the text to suppress except on the last record of the report (use the NextIsNull() function to determine whether you are on the last record). A kludge, but it might let you get on to other things... <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back