Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo fields in linked multiple recordsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo21

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
IN
Hi,

I would like to know how to use Memo datatype fields in the linked multiple recordsets.

The report's datasource is multiple recordsets logical linked to each other. The report is grouped (but not on the memo field). When the report is generated all the other information is shown as desired other than the data in the memo fields. In case of memo field, only the value in the first record keeps repeating in all the records on the report, where as the record seems to be having the correct data.

If the memo field is changed to string (just to test)it works.

Does Crystal report accept memo fileds in multiple recordsets?

Thanks in advance..
- NK

I don't think I have tried passing a Memo as part of a recordset. Does the memo pass correctly in a single recordset?

Actually, I don't think a single Crystal Report can accept multiple recordsets and link them together correctly. When I have tried this the recordset became a cartesian product. I would combine the recordsets into one recordset in your app and pass that recordset to the report (which should be redesigned ot use a single larger recordset). Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

I think this is a similar problem to one I am having. When I insert a memo field into a report, on the page break, it repeats the last line on the following page. When I change the text interpretation to rtf, the line does not repeat. The problem with this is, I am unable to format the font to a smaller font. The program will print the rtf at 10 pt., but I need to go smaller -- to 8 pt. Even though I changed the formatting, 10 pt continues to print. Any ideas?

I would try updating your printer driver, and make sure that the printer driver matches the printer.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Ken:

That can't be it because it happens on my computer and all the other computers on the network with various drivers, etc. Besides I have a brand new Dell Laptop and a new HP Printer. Any other ideas? Can you drop a memo field into a report, format it as an rtf and change the font to 8 pt? Even though I change the font on the report, it still prints as 10 pt.

what version of CR?

- tek@kenhamady.com

It looks like the font size becomes irrelevant when you use HTML or RTF. Maybe CR assumes the font size will be within the memo field?

- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back