Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

memo fields in grid 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclarke

Technical User
May 14, 2001
GB
I have a grid (well actually I have many but not go into that) and one of the fields in the grid is a memo which I used to have to double click on to write in it which was a bit of a pain.

Sooooooooo I created a edit box and now use that in the column but when you look at the grid until you click in the memo field it just says Memo which is not good for me as it is for our sales department to record conversations with our suppliers and customers.

Can anyone help I need to see what is writen in the memo fields instead of just 'Memo'.

It is niggling me that it must be simple but I think I must have been looking at it for too long

Thanks in Advance

Rachel

Hi

1. You can have an edit box built in the form (not in the grid) with the controlSource related to the memo field.
2. Resize the grid if necessary to allow the EditBox span to required size.
3. In the Grids AfterRowColChangeEvent.. ThisForm.MyEditBox.Refresh()
4. You can hide the Grids EditBox if that is only for viewing purpose.

This will solve your problem.
ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

thanks ramani yet again you have saved the day

I am happy, that I am of such help to you. You are welcome, If you are not happy with above method. May be I can suggest you something more simpler as well.

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

Rachel

Another idea if you are short of space on your form, you could use a left, double or right click event of the textbox in the grid with:-

MODI MEMO TABLENAME.memofield

This will bring up the memo field in its own independant window. Assuming you are using a resource file, the coordinates of the window will be retained for the next session.

Chris :)

THANKS CHRIS

YOU HAVE INADVERTANTLEY ANSWERED ANOTHER QUESTION I WAS GOING TO ADD TO THIS THREAD?

I BET YOU DRINK CARLING BLACK LABEL (IF YOU REMEMBER THE ADVERT)

Hi!

In addition to all above, edit box in the grid column could be displayed for all rows by setting the sparse property of column to .F.

Have a nice day!
Vlad Grynchyshyn
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

That too is very usefull thank you Vlad

you can add the editbox in the grid and in the right column.
Select the column from the propertysheet.
On the formcontrols toolbar click on the editbox.
Click on the right column once more and you will have the editbox in the column.
Next:
select the textbox that is also in the column from the prop sheet.
Click on the TITLEBAR of the designer.
Push the delete button. Your textbox is now gone.
Set the sparse property of the column to .F.
and you're done!

BL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back