Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo field with CanGrow killing report

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCARPENTER

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
Hi all,

I have a fairly complex report built from a fairly complex query that used to open instantly. I added a memo field to the report but forgot to set the CanGrow property to yes. The report still opened instantly. Then I set the CanGrow property to yes, and the report just continues to display Formating display, press ctrl+ break to stop. The report does use page of pages but hasn't been a problem in the past - what's the deal?

TIA
Todd

Try remove the Page of Pages.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks Duane, that almost worked. The report now comes up fast, but if I try to get to the last page in the report, I get the same happy blank screen with the message: Formatting display, press ctrl+break to cancel...

The report when the cangrow is set to no, is only six pages, returning 5 records. But when cangrow is set to yes, I lost interest in pressing the arrow key around page 250 or so - what the heck am I doing wrong. It does incidentally only print part of the record with the largest memo field and this seems to be where the report falls apart. The memo field only contains 14 lines (one blank line) for a total of 384 characters. Could this be my problem?

Thanks again
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back