Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo field in CR9 won't show last character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillipg

Technical User
May 3, 2002
US
CR9 won't show the last character in a memo field. works fine in CR8.5 The report definition for CR9 has all the same characteristics as CR8.5 with one exception for the memo field and that is: Split Adornment.
I have tried everything i could think of to get it to show that last character and with no luck. Could anyone please help?

Phillipg

What database and connectivity are you using?

Does this field vary in width, yet always truncates one character?

You might try casting the memo field to another type in a SQL Expression, or even try to return the last character on the right as a test.

This would be database depoendent. If you're not sure which database and connectivity you're using, try Database->Set Location.

-k

Thanks for the reply.
The database is an ODBC(RDO).
The field does vary in length, up to about 50 characters, but usually only 2 or 3 characters. It does truncate the last character if the memo is greater than 2 characters in length.
I have tried Left to Right, Right to Left, return only the first 4 or only the last 4 characters without any luck.

Phillipg

ODBC(RDO) isn't a database, it's a type of connection.

Try asking someone in IT what the database is.

You might also try the following:

Insert->Field Object->Right Click SQL Expressions and select new, name it

Place something like:

{fn LEFT(table.field,200 )}

You might also use the actual databases SQL syntax.

-k

Sorry, it's an Oracle database

Phillipg

Yes, no luck. I've tried a formula to trim at 10 characters with no luck. thanks for your suggestion synapsevampire.

Phillipg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back