Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Memo Field Forcing Line Breaks on Specified Characters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipcd

MIS
Mar 31, 2003
US
I am using Crystal Reports 10 against an excel datasource which contains a running memo worklog field. The worklog entries are stored using "***" entry points - but concantenated together in one long string. Example worklog memo field:

[2/5/2007 1:34:53 PM by dxd0477 (BTSA Wireline)] *** Escalation Created *** [2/5/2007 1:46:52 PM by la150096 (WWBHD)] *** Escalation Updated *** [2/5/2007 1:59:05 PM by pa134246 (BTSA Wireless)] *** Escalation Updated *** --- changed Assigned To Group from "BTSA Wireless" to (blank) --- changed Assigned To from "pa134246" to (blank) --- changed Company Contact from "matt holmes" to "Matt Holmes" Call Attempt 1 - 12:48 MST - customer continuously recieving "insert card" message, unable to
troubleshoot at this time, will call back wednesday, gave call back number.

Need the ability to force line breaks in between each new entry indicated by ***.

Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

Thanks for any ideas you can share!

Use a formula of:

replace({table.field},"***",chr(13))

Use this formula in lieu of your field.

-k

This worked PERFECTLY! Thanks for the quick and easy solution synapsevampire! This is not the first solution I've received from you - you ROCK! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back