Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Membership- ChangePassword

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbiro

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
In VS2005, I've dropped a createUserWizard control, a login control, a Passwg8ordRecovery control, and a changePassword control onto a page. I am using ActiveDirectory as my mebership provider. I have extended the schema to allow for for the Qustion/Answer part of recovery. The password requires a minimum of 7 characters with at least 1 non-alphanumeric.

I create a user with a password of abcdef34! and it works. I login with that password, it works. I log out and use password recovery, answering the question, and I receive a new password via email. The new password is w3.ed!df8tyt. I login with the new password and it works. I try the changePassword, putting the w3.ed!df8tyt password in as the current password and qwerty56# twice as the new password. I click submit and, after a few seconds, get the message saying either the current password in invalid or the new password in not at least seven characters long. I have tried this over and over with different new passwords. I have copy/pasted the passwords (current and new) from notepad to ensure they are correctly entered. I always get that message. If I try a password like dog, the page does not post as the validator catches it before submission. My attempts do post, but they come back as invalid.

I know of no way to step through as they are controls just dropped on the page. Any ideas? Here is my config:

Code:
		<authentication mode="Forms">
			<forms name=".ADAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" domain="" enableCrossAppRedirects="false">
				<credentials passwordFormat="SHA1"/>
			</forms>
		</authentication>
		<authorization>
			<deny users="?"/>
			<allow users="*"/>
		</authorization>
		<membership defaultProvider="ADMembershipProvider">
			<providers>
        <add name="ADMembershipProvider" 
         type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, &#xA;            Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" 
         connectionStringName="ADConnectionString" 
          connectionUsername="username" 
          connectionPassword="password" 
          attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName" 
          enablePasswordReset="true" 
          requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" 
          attributeMapPasswordQuestion="User-forgotpwdquestion" 
          attributeMapPasswordAnswer="User-forgotpwdanswer" 
          attributeMapFailedPasswordAnswerCount="User-failedanswercount" 
          attributeMapFailedPasswordAnswerTime="User-lastfailedanswertime" 
          attributeMapFailedPasswordAnswerLockoutTime="User-accountlockedtime" 
          requiresUniqueEmail="true"