Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Members Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

colep

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
I am new to Frontpage and my customer would like a password protected members area. He will be give the members a username and password so they can login in the the members area. How do I do this in FrontPage??? They don't need to register, I just need a to know how to have a login form that will allow them to see the members only pages??? If you have any suggestions, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm getting desperate.

Cole ;)

Actually, if the site is hosted on a server with FrontPage server extensions and the host has not blocked the ability to set permissions for a subweb - the best way would be to use the FrontPage permissions feature:

Create a subweb for the members area, then open it live with FrontPage and go to TOOLS > SECURITY > PERMISSIONS

If the host has FrontPage 2002 server extensions, the following tutorial will show you step by step how to set the permissions on the subweb:

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

yes but you would probebly have to set the usernames and passwords manualy..

with a perl script you can have a register page where the users can enter there own details....

Aaron Taylor
John Mutch Electronics

True, but the original question here stated that they do not need a registration form or feature - so they could set up permissions to use unique permissions from the parent web - create one members Username and password and not have to install additional or 3rd party software. Seems an ideal situation with regard to the original question on this topic to just use FrontPage, rather then install a 3rd party tool with features they don't need????

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back