Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Member Server problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikendo

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
Howdy folks,

Little problem here. This how my LAN consist of. I have 1 Win2k DC(NY), 1 Win2k Child domain(FLA). Now, I just copy of Win2k3 SE, I pulling my hair out to join my domain. All I wanted my Windows 2003 as Member server. I got into the part where it ask for username( i enter Administrator) and the password(xxxxx). When entered both, it gave username or password is incorrect, I know it the correct user/pwd. But heres the weird part, if I put in the child domain(FLA), I can join easily w/o any problem. So to make this story short. Do I need to prep anything on my main DC? Any help I greatlly appreciated.

ken

Where are you trying to add the "member" server? This problem could be a result of network (router/switch) problems and not domain issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back