Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MegaRaid IDE 100 Mirror array creation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberLaw

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2002
US
I have an ASUS P4PE motherboard with the onboard raid controller disabled in BIOS. The LsiLogic MegaRAID IDE 100 card has two Western Digital WD800JB drives connected, one on each IDE channel. I have tried many jumper and channel connection combinations, and the one which seems to allow the card to detect the drives best is the "neutral" 6 and 4 jumper position with the two Western Digital WD800JB drives connected as Master, one on each IDE channel. This being said, I am unable to configure the drives as part of a mirror array. The LsiLogic provided IDE configuration software detects both drives, but freezes when I attempt to create any array other than making both drives a "spare pool". (When using F10 to save and exit, I get a blank screen with a! blinking cursor. I also do not ha ve an "F8 - initialize drive" option in my software.) I have also tried building the mirror array from an existing drive, but this also appears to cause the IDE configuration software to freeze. I can see, write signatures to, and format both drives in W2K, but cannot build the array. Any ideas? Bryan Walker
Chapel Hill Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back