Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MegaRaid 320 and Raid 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry18

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
GB
I'm trying to create a raid 10 array using a MegaRaid 320.
I have 6 disks, the first two 36gb drives need to be Raid 1. The remaining 4 x 72Gb disks I want as Raid 10. For this to work spanning needs to be enabled in magaraid config. However, when trying to enable spanning the setting is not saved. No errors come back, it just won't accept yes to spanning. Has anyone any ideas as to why this might be?

To create a RAID 10 from four drives in MegaRAID Configuration Utility (CTRL-M):

Go to New Configuration, press Enter, then select Yes to proceed.
Select the first two drives by highlighting the appropriate drive then pressing the space bar for each one.
Press Enter to create span number one.
Select the next two drives and press Enter to create span number two.
Press Enter one more time to end the array. A configuration screen displays showing a RAID 1 with SPANNING set to YES. This indicates a RAID 10 array and not RAID 1."

This is from the Lsilogic.com site, support, knowledgebase, from a search on raid 10

As a warning, follow this or you may end up with raid 0+1, which is not as safe as raid 10.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Many thanks. The link supplied to the Lsilogic page has helped resolve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back