Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Megapath SIP trunk no audio issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBATech173

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
US
Here's a weird one. Customer has SIP service through Megapath. I have several phantom extensions that are forwarded to cell phones and those have DIDs directed at them. If I call the extension internally, it rings to the cell and everything is fine. If I transfer a call to the extension that's forwarded, everything is fine. However, if I call a DID that's routed to a phantom extension that's forwarding, the call completes but no audio is heard. Anyone ever hear of this ?

BTS Tech

Try to turn on RTP Keep alives on your SYSTEM > LAN > VoIP TAB

RTP keepalives: Release 6.1+
These settings can be used with SIP trunks associated with the LAN through their Use Network Topology Info setting (Line | Transport). For some scenarios, with frequent call forwarding on the same SIP trunk, speech path may be lost during the connection. The use of periodic keepalive packets may prevent the issue.

· Scope: Default = Disabled
Select whether the sending of keepalive packets should be disabled or sent for RTP or for both RTP and RTCP.

· Periodic timeout: Default = 0 (Off). Range = 0 to 180 seconds.
Sets how long the system will wait before sending a keepalive if no other packets of the select SCOPE are seen.

· Initial keepalives: Default = Disabled.
If enabled, keepalives can also been sent during the initial connection setup. :)

Wow, thank you VERY much !! That worked like a champ !! I'm still getting exposed to the "SIP" world but I'll definitely keep this in mind for suture SIP installs. Have a great weekend !

BTS Tech

Also MBA, if you're interested in the world of sip, you can study online at thesipschool.com
From vocale training in the uk, it's an industry benchmark of training while one dies not officially exist yet.
Takes between a month or two to a year, depending on how you apply yourself.
(small brag- i did the exam recently and got 98% with one wrong)
i dont have any affiliation with this company. dont bother mentioing holdmusic, they wont know me.

Wanna buy some death sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back