Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MeetMe "That is Not a Valid Conference Number" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2004
US
MeetMe "That is Not a Valid Conference Number" Error

After some attempts I was able to get the meetme module for Asterisk. Hooray.

I had to reinstall from scratch, I mean a brand new system. Uninstalling Asterisk and Zaptel then reinstalling them did not fix anything. There were some other dependencies that were preventing the app_meetme.so to be installed. Anyhow, I installed Zaptel-1-4.0 first then I installed Asterisk 1-4.0 and that gave me the MeetMe module.
Great, so I start setting up conferences. Well, not quite. When I try to dial a meetme conference room number I get "That is Not a Valid Conference Number" on the phone and the console gave me the following:

[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: chan_zap.c:924 zt_open: Unable to open '/dev/zap/pseudo': No such file or directory
[Mar 1 23:23:56] ERROR[3975]: chan_zap.c:7633 chandup: Unable to dup channel: No such file or directory
[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: app_meetme.c:611 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo channel - trying device
[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: app_meetme.c:614 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo device
[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: chan_zap.c:924 zt_open: Unable to open '/dev/zap/pseudo': No such file or directory
[Mar 1 23:23:56] ERROR[3975]: chan_zap.c:7633 chandup: Unable to dup channel: No such file or directory
[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: app_meetme.c:611 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo channel - trying device
[Mar 1 23:23:56] WARNING[3975]: app_meetme.c:614 build_conf: Unable to open pseudo device

All I know is that there is no zap directory under /dev. Obviously installing Zaptel alone did not fix anything. Is there something else I need to install, configure, or tweak based on the error message above? Any help and suggestions here would be great! Thanks!

CP

BTW - I'm NOT running BSD. RHEL with Linux Kernel 2.6.9

I didn't do a make config during the zaptel source. Doing that fixed the problem and now meetme is working for me. Finally!

CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back