Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meeting request replies go to several recipients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
Ok, weird one. I'll try and put as much info in short points below....

* E2K7 (2x mail store, 2x client access) with Outlook 2007 clients
* UserA had a PA (UserB) who left and now has a new PA (UserC)
* UserC has 'Send on behalf' permission as set in Exchange Delivery Options. UserB did have this permission but I removed it
* UserA created permissons on their mailbox to allow UserC (and previously UserB) to view calendar/Inbox etc
* UserC sends meeting requests on behalf of UserA so they appear in UserA calender. These requests appear to come, correctly, from UserA. Accepting the request or replying to the email sends this to UserA BUT......UserC receives this and sees the following

-----Original Appointment-----
Sent: Wednesday, 30 March 2011 11:08 AM
To: UserC; UserB
Subject: Accepted: test meeting
When: Monday, 7 March 2011 5:30 PM-6:00 PM
Where:

* UserA has no rules set in Outlook. Neither does User C
* UserB is disabled, not deleted, in AD

How can this still be happening? How can I stop it?

Did UserA remove the permissions that they created to allow UserB to view their calendar/Inbox, etc. or did they just created additional permissions to allow UserC access?

Also, is UserB a delegate of UserA?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

I removed the permissions for UserC to see UserA's mailbox but it still happened.

I only found out yesterday about Delegates so I've asked the user to have a look at that once the boss leaves his computer. I strongly suspect that's the reason. I'd never used Delegates before, just used permissions and send-as configured in Exchange rather than Outlook.

I'll post the result once confirmed.

Have user A log into OWA, look at their rules, and remove anything with (no name).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

@58sniper, first post says "* UserA has no rules set in Outlook". thx anyway.

Pretty sure this is the Delegate thing. Waiting on the PA to get access to the bosses computer to confirm.

I know it says that. Look and see if it's listed in the rules via OWA. Just see if it's there. Delegates can show up there.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Just to close this off, it was, as cmeagan656 suggested, the Delegate feature. The boss, UserA, had made the old PA, UserC, a Delegate but had also made the new PA, UserB, a Delegate. Removing UserB from being a Delegate resolved the issue.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back