Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

meet me paging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxbernard

Technical User
Feb 2, 2010
GB
Mitel to Meet Me page.

I am looking for a system too sit inbetween a Mitel 3300 and a Paging system.
The system would have to hold the call and wait unitl the user gets a code to dial back into the correct port to get connected to the caller.
At present we have a system but is too expensive and the only other alternative I can find is Valcom and comes in at 26K before you buy a server and Maint.

Disclaimer ...I have never done any work on a Mitel 3300 .... Many PBX systems have the call park feature which parks the call at a specific number, waiting for someone to dial back to get it. This is a standard function of the PBX, have you checked to see if this is available in the Mitel? On a Nortel for instance, this does not require any additional equipment, just a few minutes programming.

This is not as easy to achieve as you may think.

As Trvlr1 states it is quite common to be able to park a call and then pick it up from any extension (directed call pick-up).

However, for a fully automated system (as we alos require) we would need the Auto-Atendant to both send the call to a 'phantom/park' extension and also simultaniously page the requested user with the correct phantom/park number required to recover the call.

The Telephonetics/VIP A/A does have this capability and is used in many UK Hospitals - if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back