Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meet Me Conferencing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbicking

Technical User
Jul 10, 2003
US
I've heard a few people indicate they've had some success with "linking" meet me conference numbers in order to have more than the usual 6 maximum participants. Is this something that really works and if so, how would one set that up? We've got a user here who had two conference calls last month that cost almost $1000! I figure a little extra work would be worth the cost savings, as long as it isn't too taxing on the system resources. We're running a Multi-Vantage Communication Manager v 1.3. Any info about this would be great. Thanks!

well, you can make meet-me conferences with external equipment. i myself set it up on ip office 403 linked to definity with e1 isdn-pri. ipo's meet-me feature is pretty basic, but it works fine and evend lowly 403 unit can process up to 63 parties in one conference. cool, eh? :) works fine for me...

We wouldn't be doing this through IP Office. Is there a way to do this via the switch itself??

no way, unfortunately. multivantage soft cannot conference more than 6 parties, whether it is meet-me conference or any other sort. that's why i said about external equipment. there are number of conference bridging systems, avaya's and other vendors, and mostly they cost like a small airplane. and that's why i said about ip office... :)

We regularly use Meet-Me-Conference on an Avaya G3si v11 to connect up to 10 parties together. We get around the 6-party limit by having someone ‘bridge’ two conference calls together. Half the parties call one bridge and half call the other bridge. The moderator dials the first meet-me-conference number, presses conference, and dials the second number. This method only allows up to 10 parties including the moderator since the moderator takes up two ports. Theoretically, we should be able to get one more party, but have not been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back