Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meet Me Conferencing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

monacom

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
GB
Hi People,

I have a meet me conferencing vdn, vector with announcement that works perfect. BUT

When trying to join from an analog device or from a digital phone that does not have the mute button pressed while on speakerphone I get no announcement, just that space sound.

If I do it from handpiece or from loudspeaker with mute pressed then theres no problem.

Im sure there has to be a setting or something to do with dtmf?????????

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Is the phone in a noisy environment?
When the mic is receiving the speaker will turn off to avoid feedback.

Ronster

Science is the rehab of the masses.

Thanks for the repsonse but I thought this myself.

So I have tested it in a metting room abd still no joy

if you dial the announcement number on its own do you hear it ok, both with and without the mute button.

The conference facility doesn't control the announcement, so test if the announcement can be heard other ways first.

You could create a vector and vdn just to play the announcement. try this and if you don't hear the announcement, then chances are you have an announcement needing re-recorded or "Ronster" is correct and the environment is conducive to using a speaker phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back