Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meet-me Conferencing issue from IP Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dose

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
FR
Hi All,

I have a strange issue: I have two separate systems connected with IP Trunk.

System 1:
S8710 ACM 3.1.2 patch 12866

System 2:
S8710 ACM 3.1.2 patch 12866

IP Trunk to connect the two systems.

1) When I join the Meet-Me VDN from the system 1 I can hear the announce of the Meet-me vector and I'm the first party to join the call, but when another person form the System 2 try to join the Meet-Me VDN on the System 1, he can hear that the conference is already in progress (because I'm connected) but he is not connected with me...

2) I have tried another ways to understood the issue:
When the person from the second system tried to connect on the Meet-Me VDn on the system1 he has the message to announce who is the first to join the call, and after that I have join the Meet-Me VDn of the system 1 and I have also the announce which explain that the conference is already in progress, and after that I'm connected with the person of the System 2 on the meet-me VDN on the system 1.

So this problem occurs just on 1 way if the person on the second system join the Meet-me Vdn after me on the system 1.

Let me know if you need further information.

For information:Everybody can make a call from the two system in the two ways. So is not a codec issue or network-region.

If somebody can help me on this subject.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Hi All,

Nobody have already meet this issue?

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Try playing with the disconnect supervision on the IP trunk group form on page 1 on both systems. That's the only thing I can think of.

Hi colby007,

I have find where the problem come from, it was due to a problem of codec mismatch between the two system:
Hi Alan,

I have change the codec on System1 which was used between the network region 4 and 1, to use the G.729AB instead of G.729A.

So the problem is resolved.

Best Regards.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back