Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meet Me Conference on IP Office R8 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricaneguy

Technical User
Apr 25, 2006
US
I have several IP office systems. In each of our systems we setup a meet me conference. Now we have a new system that is an R8 with the Preferred license and it does not seem to work when setup like a system on R6 or R7. When two people dial into the the bridge they are both show to be connected to the bridge in System Status but they cant talk to each other.

All my sites are identical in setup. Here is what I do.
I have a short code 55510 with feature "Conference Meet Me" and telephone number set to 55510.

There is a DID routed to voicemail. A custom module asks for a pin and transfers to 55510 if the pin is correct.
Everything seems to work just fine except they cant talk to each other.

Is there anything special in R8 that needs to be checked or changed?

What does system status show for those calls?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

System Status for Active Calls shows them connected to "Conf 55510" When I drill down on the call details to Conference Details it shows all of the calls connected to the same Bridge.

When I go to Resources it shows conference ports in use.

Here are printouts from System Status.
----------------------
Call Details

Call Ref: 1315 Call length: 00:04:04

Originator
Current State: Connected Time in State: 00:04:04
Trunk: Line: 5 Slot: 2 Port: 1 Channel: 1
Incoming Caller ID: 407xxxxxxx, FLORIDA CALL
Incoming DID: 8480

Destination
Currently at: Conf 55510

Call target / Routing information
Original Target: Shortcode Feature 55510, ConferenceRendezvous, System
Call Recording: No
Redirected to Twin: No
Routed across SCN trunk: No
Retargeting Count: 0
-----------------------------
Conference Details

Name: Conf 55510
Type: Meet Me
Call Recording: No

Call Ref State Party
----------------------------------------------------------
1315 Connected Line: 5 Slot: 2 Port: 1 Channel: 1

1316 Connected Line: 5 Slot: 2 Port: 1 Channel: 2

You really shouldn't be setting up meetme conferencing in 8.0 the same way you were in 7.0 and before. If you do you are losing many of the new features such as moderated bridges proper myBuddy/one-X integration. Bridges in 8.0 and beyond should match the user's extension number.

If you are using my old bridge setup (only assuming since you are using the format 555XX) then you really should download the latest SBC from and extract the new menuConference and menuSetConfPass from that.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Kyle you are right but this is for outside callers.
Then you do not really use the personal conference meet me i guess.

BAZINGA!

PS there is a little mistake in the "MenuLanguage" module.
There is a direct connection between the startpoint and the ENU language action.

BAZINGA!

I bypass the menu selection because most multi-lingual is an "option" and not on by default. So menuLanguage is in there but not enabled. That way if you need to add it later you can simply draw a new line to turn it on. :)

Regarding personal conference bridges you would want to match the MeetMe number to the extension even when you are working with external callers, this is what enabled the moderated option in 8.0. Take a look at the menuConference in the SBC ( and you'll see how that works.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back