Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Medpro TN2602AP default password

Status
Not open for further replies.

bthompson2388

Technical User
Jan 4, 2011
US
First of all, is there a Medpro TN2602AP default password? I've tried using CRAFT and many others but I can't get in to enable FTP so I can upgrade the firmware.

Secondly, the reason why i need to upgrade the firmware is because the 2602s aren't communicating well with my core Layer 2/3 swithes. I have the ports hard set at 100 full, but for some reason they will not communicate. They only started failing after I upgraded the firmware on the L2/3 switches, but 2602s work fine when i plug them directly into another L2 switches uplinked from Layer 2/3 core router i'm having problems with...

any ideas?

You set the password when you enable filexfer. This command could differ depending on your version of CM. Are you able to even ping the medpro IP from your PC?

Yes. I use Putty via Telnet to communicate with the card and it prompts me for a username/password. I've tried every legitimate password I know of, along with some defaults I found on google, but still no go. ???

You don't telnet to it you ftp to it. Just go to the directory that has the firmware on your PC and type: ftp x.x.x.x (ip address of the medpro). It will prompt you for the user name and password you gave it in the filexfer screens. Then type bin for a binary transfer and put xxxxx.bin (medpro bin file name).

And make sure you uncheck Secure otherwise you will have to use secure FTP.

Any update on default login for this 2602? I need to telnet into one as i have 4 and 1 of them makes my IPSI red light after inserting and need to see if there are any settings on the card when you telnet in that would cause this. Dont need to put the info here just point me in the direction of an avaya DOC or something that can get me there. Thank you.

ACA - IP Office Implement

there is NO default password. you set up the login name and password when you run the commmand 'enable filexfer[/color red]' in Avaya Site Administration.

So if some one else set that on this card before I got it you are saying im crap out of luck then?

Hmmm cant enable as it says it already it hence the PW on the board i cannot log into. When trying disable filexfer "board location" i get is an invalid identifier.

THanks for the help PBXtech i forgot the word board when doing disable filexfer. I was able to turn off then set new login which i am going to try now. Thank you

Ok almost there. I setup a login with the enable filexfer command and still can not log in. I get invalid login when trying via telnet or FTP.

I am able to get it to take log in if I FTP to the boards address then it errors out about not having permissions to view folder. I am trying to access the card via the services port at 192.11.13.6 and get a log in prompt that accepts no PW defaults i know of nor any i create using the filexfer command.

do NOT use telnet. you must use ftp. have you ever used a GUI ftp program like Filezilla? disable filexfer on that board. go back and re-enable it and make sure to select 'N' for Secure. and use something simple for user/password. avaya and avaya01 come to mind.

from what your saying im to understand there is no telnet access to the services port on the front of this card then even though it brings up a login prompt?? What is this port for in that case?

OH on a side note filezilla was able to ftp into the board at its network address without any errors so that portion is working. Thank you for that info as it will be very useful to me eventually once im ready to upgrade firmware. Was hoping to find some settings off the service port login to change and make this board not blow out my IPSI but for now Im going to tell my boss not to accept this board as it is defective.

do you have the services port of that board plugged into your network or patched into another board in the pbx?

When I was attempting to connect to the services port of the TN2602 I was directly connected with my notebook. I would telnet to it with putty and get a login prompt that would not accept anything I knew or created as far as logins. Filezilla worked with the login i created with enable filexfer when connecting via FTP to the IP I assigned the 2602 in site administration. I figured the services port on the front of the card might have some options I could toggle to keep it from blowing my IPSI up.

how is the TN2602 'blowing up' your IPSI?
fyi: the services port has its own specific logon.

Just 1 of the 4 2602s that I have, when inserted into the 650 cabinet makes my IPSI card red light. As in the top light just turns red all of a sudden and I loose conenction to the IPSI and cabinet, example if im logged in to SAT and type list config all it will show me all my boards and config....I then insert the 2602(which has nothing but green lights fyi) the IPSI turns red and if I then type list config all i show no board for all my cards and cant program anything. Normally when I have a bad 2602 it lights up red and the rest of my cabinet functions. Since this card shows green lights I was hoping there were settings in the services login that could be changed to correct this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back