Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Medpro Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
If I was provided a replacement Medpro (tn2602) is that plug and play if it's going into the same slot in the G650?

If both are identical then yes, but you might have to clear the ARP cache on the switch it's connected to.

Cheers,
Nico

Identical as in the tn2602 or the actual hw and fw? Also, it should pick the same IP as we have those statically assigned on the cisco switch.

Identical as in TN2602, preferrably the same HW/FW version but we can't always have what we want :) You won't know the FW version anyway until you install it. You will want to check it though and put on the latest FW version (for your CM load).

Your IP will stay the same if you replace an existing IP board (except for IPSI), that's why I mentioned a possible ARP cache problem with the ethernet switch.

Make sure to doublecheck the network speed/duplex is correct on both ends after you've replaced the board.

Cheers,
Nico

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------
TN2602 - IP Media Resource 320       00 - 19   FW060    - 07/11/11
TN2602 - IP Media Resource 320       20 >      FW060    - 07/11/11

[URL unfurl="true"]http://support.avaya.com/css/appmanager/public/support/Downloads/P0001/5.2.x/C20090710154815434625607[/URL]

web site has links to FW and readme to explain fixes for the firmware versions.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

The tn2602 I am swapping is currently listed as 'standby' when I do a status media-processor all command. I can busy that board out at anytime if that's the case?

Yes, you can. Make sure you re-check before doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back