Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEDPRO Firmware updates - FTP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

polska1979

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
GB
I'm pulling my hair out!

I am doing some Medpro firmware updates but each time I FTP the .bin file from my c: to the CLAN it strips all the data out of the file and transfers a file with 0kb of size. It also strips out the data from the source location.
I have tried it from the c: and also from a folder named test onthe c:. But it still occurs.

I am using the below - note I delete the empty file at the end. I have also tried to put the file without the get command, but no joy. I remember having the same issue the last time I did some updates but cant for the life of me remember what i did.

I have enabled filex etc, with secure set as y and n

C:\test>ftp <clan ip>
Connected to <clan ip>
220 Tornado-vxWorks FTP server ready
User (<clan ip:mad:none)): martin
331 Password required
Password:
230 User logged in
ftp> bin
200 Type set to I, binary mode
ftp> hash
Hash mark printing On ftp: (2048 bytes/hash mark) .
ftp> get tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin
200 Port set okay
550 File "tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin" not found or permission problem
ftp> put tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin
200 Port set okay
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection
226 Transfer complete
ftp> remove tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin
Invalid command.
ftp> del tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin
250 File deleted successfully.
ftp> exit
Invalid command.
ftp> bye
221 Bye...see you later

You need to do a "put", do NOT use a "get"

Also, its much easier to give the file an easier name such as this:

put tn2602_ap-h20-f57-sig.bin TN2602AP

Then when you issue the "change firmware download 1" command, you won't have to type in that long name, just "TN2602AP" in the filename space.

Oh, and BTW, to update the "media processor" (TN2602), it is a direct download, similar to a CLAN, in other words, you enable FTP to the IP of the TN2602AP card, and directly FTP the file to it. You do NOT use a CLAN as an staging place, as you would with the older TN2032AP MEDPRO.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

You do not use the CLAN to distribute the firmware to a High Density Medpro TN2602. You download the file directly to the Medpro. The TN2602 act as a source and target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back