Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meditrix 4102S connecting to HiPath 4000 V5 with HG3530

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipath0514

Technical User
Dec 13, 2010
MY
HI,

I need help on configuring Mediatrix 4102S to connect in H4K v5 system.

Can anyone help me on the procedure? What tool do i need to manage the mediatrix?

Thank you

I'll begin with some generic help, and you let me know if you need more details.

The Mediatrix 41xx series of SIP gateways converts between SIP & analog. So your 4102S will emulate two SIP subscribers (phones) configured on a HG3500 gateway in the V5 4K. The gateway must be configured to support the function "SIP" using AMO BFDAT. After the HG3500 gateway is properly built (AMOs BFDAT, BCSU, CGWB), you'll need to build the two SIP subscribers using AMO SBCSU. This config is different from a HFA subscriber. SIP subscribers also need a parameter set in AMO SDAT -> "MBCHL".

The Mediatrix can be administered using your browser. It may be necessary to use "Unit Manager Network" to perform a backup of the Mediatrix, or to set the hook-switch timer of the analog device, but 99% of your task is done via browser. In addition to the Mediatrix' own IP address, you'll need to configure the Mediatrix to register with/to the IP address of your HG3500 gateway. You will also need to assign the two newly-created SIP subscribers to the Mediatrix. Ultimately, when the Mediatrix boots, it will register both SIP subscribers with your HG3500 gateway. The Mediatrix will provide the dialtone on the two analog devices. When you dial on the analog phone, it will take approximately 5 seconds for the digits to be sent to the HG3500 "enbloc". Then and only then will you know whether your setup is working.

You should be able to tell if the Mediatrix' two SIP subscribers have registered with the HG3500 by accessing the HG3500 gateway via browser. Click "EXPLORERS", then click around until you locate "SIP Clients". You should see the two Mediatrix SIP subscribers listed here as "SIP Clients" IF the Mediatrix has successfully registered them with this HG3500 gateway.

Good luck.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the detailed information.

How about if I am going to connect the Mediatrix in HG3530 HFA? I am going to use the two extension in the mediatrix for the fax machine.

Do i need to convert the mediatrix to be able to connect using hfa?

Thank you

A Mediatrix 41xx is not capable of interfacing with HFA. The 4102, 4124, etc, support native SIP - not the Siemens Enterprise proprietary HFA protocol. The 41xx is a 19" rack-mountable unit.

You CAN use the Mediatrix AP1120. It is a small two-port unit that can support either SIP or HFA, depending upon the installed loadware.
It's not complicated, but the stars must be perfectly aligned for this thing to come up. It's very temperamental.

When you originally posted, were you posting about the 19" rack-mountable Mediatrix 4102, or the smaller Mediatrix AP1120 (about the size of a 5-port hub)?

ok but you're running on h4k v5 so keep in mind the opportunity to use your hg35xx as hg3530 and sip as common gateway

If Mediatrix 4102S is not possible to connect to Hipath 4000 V5 HFA, Is it possible to connect to HiPath HG3500 SIP and configure two extension with it?

Hello Iamnothere,

I have configured a SIP extension in my HG card with an extension 9676 and 9677.

What parameters in the Mediatrix do i need to fill in in order to configure this two extensions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back