Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Services URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejazz

Programmer
Nov 3, 2000
US
I'm attempting to offer a live video broadcast using two servers. Server1 contains the encoder. Server2 contains windows media services and html file to view the output.

The line in my ASX file looks something like:
mms:/server2/LiveEvents

This works well when viewing locally from either computer but server2 can not be found when I try connecting from work. (Of course! Ther's no server2 at the remote site!)

Someone suggested using the "fully qualified URL" so I attempted to connect using:
mms:/server2.mywebsite.com/LiveEvents
but this didn't work either.

I have a single DSL line where the address can change at any time so I use a redirection service which sends callers to my current address.

I'm using IIS on both servers but use ports 8083 and 8082 respectively for each ... because my ISP blocks port 80. There are web pages on both servers which work correctly so redirection doesn't appear to be a problem.

Can anyone offer any help? I've been working on this problem for almost 2 years and am about to pull my hair out! [Grin!]

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back