Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Server region resource availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdilalla

Technical User
Oct 12, 2009
IT
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some unusual behavior with my Media Servers, where I've 8 MS in region 1 and 2 and one MS in region 5, this region is not connected to any other region (with no codec set in the IP-network region). I am using a SIP trunk that is configured in the CM and connected to the SIPP application. Whenever the SIPP calls a VDN into the CM via the SIP trunk, this strange behavior occurs, the vector called by the vdn is programmed to call an announcement located in all the Media Server but for a reason that I cannot understand, the CM try to use always a MS in the isolated region, so the application fails.
The signaling's trunk is in NR 1, and the IP of the Sipp application is mapped on NR 1, also the location of MS is 1 but it use always MS in location 3 and NR 5.

What I can check to resolve this issue?
Thanks
Frank

It sounds like you aren’t using domain based routing so that is why you are seeing that behavior with the media servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back