Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BacchusPike

Technical User
Mar 31, 2004
US
I am new to the site and new to Veritas. I feel I am making my media rotation harder and more complex that it is.

I am running Backup Exec 9.0 on a Server 2K platform. A full backup is about close to 400 GB. I have created media sets like so:

Quarterly - A full backup ran every three months

Week 1 Full - A full backup is run on 1st Thursday night
Week 1 Full w/Diffs - A full backup is run on Friday night with differentials running Sat-Wed

Week 2 Full - A full backup is run on the 2nd Thursday
Week 2 Full w/Diffs - A full backup is run on Friday night with differentials running Sat-Wed

Week 3 & 4 follow the same scheme afore mentioned

Then I have one for "Last" whatever days there are for months that have more than four calendar weeks in them.

I have 8 LTO tapes in each media set labeled according with 1 of 8, 2 of 8, and so on.

When Week 1 Full and Week 1 Full w/Diffs jobs are complete, I remove all eight tapes, store them, and load the next set of tapes for the next media set.

I just feel I have complexed a pretty simple job and was curious if you guys had any input. I have read quite a few posts and have been impressed so if you could, please give me some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back