Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Protection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djbell

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2002
GB
Hi

I have just installed a new computer with Veritas Backexec 8.6 onto windows 2000 server. The problem I am having is the tapes that I use for the backups are becoming write protectedand I want to overwrite them, how do I disable this, and how do I make the tapes writable again. (I am talking write protected through the software and not on the actual tape itself).

Regards

Djbell

Look at the properties of your media sets. What is the overwrite protection period set to? Also, you said this is a new install on a new server. Does veritas recognise the tapes? If so simply drag the tape from all media into scratch media. if this wont work you will need to do an inventory before you can bring the tape over to scratch. also another shortcut is to right click the media and lable it this will erase you will have to do this via the devices tab then click on slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back