Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Pool / Database problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

axalex

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
HK
OK, It's kinda weird. I have had Arcserve 9 running for months without problem. The job setup is 5 days mon - fri differencial with GFS and full on SAT. I can browse through the Media Pool without problem (wly, dly, mly).

All of a sudden, from last week on whenever I start up the Arcserve Manager, the media pool appears to be empty unless I restart the DB engine, then all the media will come back. Besides, the job engine also thinks that it is empty, and start the job with a F (full backup) unless I manually restart the DB Engine and re-run the daily backup.

I've tried restarting but it still doesn't help. There is an entry in the event log :

Exception 0XC0000005 occurred in function MCBCTM_IoctlProcessor.

and the source is "CAFCR"

don't know if it is anything to do with that. Thanks in advance for any help.

Well some part of ARCserve is generating a fault, that's what the exception is.

Since this was working fine chances are the cause is corruption.

1st ck for updates.
2nd test if it is the database
copy the database directory to a different location
initialize the database
if it does not help then go for a reinstall. Uninstall, restart the system, install.

cafcr means this is likely to be either the Lotus Notes Agent or the open file agent - make sure you are patched up.

Thanks both of you.
I have looked closely on the system these couple of days and found out the DB (i.e. Media Pool) only disappear (or behaving strangly) when it completes a job. It disappears, then I have to restart the DB engine, then the Media Pool will come back. So I guess it is ok given if I restart the DB engine everyday. BUT VERY ANNOYING!

I guess it must be something to do with the process after a backup job is completed!! Is there a way to export the DB and import it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back