Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

NNNNN

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
GB
<html>
<body>

<h2>Playing The Object</h2>

<object
height="50%"
width="50%"
classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95">
<param name="AutoStart" value="0" />
<param name="FileName" value="MyVid.wmv" />
</object>

</body>
</html>
</html>

Hi i have the above code to play a video file embedded in the web page - OK no problem

What I want to do is to play about 6 clips I want six images or links to click on and when you click on the image/link the the correwct video filed playes in the embedded player.

kinda like youtube I guess but I m not looking for anythins as fancy juts want to get the principle working

Please can some advise the best way to do this

Thanks

Could be wrong but I'm not sure if you can do this with javascript as the file would have to be loaded from the server and therefore some server side code would be your best bet for this (ASP, PHP etc...)!

The only other way I can think of doing this is embed each video into seperate divs and then make these visible/hidden on selection. This option however involves loading all the files on load of the page and will be very inefficient!

Cheers

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back