Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player Screen Capture Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimav

Technical User
Nov 9, 2012
GB
I have a user that requires the ability to take a screen capture from a video in WMP11. Hitting the print screen button and pasting into Paint just produces a black box.... doing the obvious Google searches on this problem yeilds many responses of turning Hardware Acceleration down to None or turning off the Overlay option. The problem with this is that doing so produces a black screen during video playback. The reason for this, I think, is that the workstations we have don't have any on board graphics processing and need a dedicated card before you can even hook them up to a monitor.

So does anyone know of another way around this? I'm trying to avoid using a different player (MPC or VLC) due to software restrictions on our network and it would have to be "tested and approved" blah blah blah... too much hassle just for one user!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back