Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player plays in black and white only! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

winproblem

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I have Windows XP home edition and Windows Media Player 10. It is updated and current. Out of the blue the Media Player only plays files in black and white. I have not changed any settings. I cannot figure out how to play files in color again. I am having no other problems with my computer. Could there be some problem with no codecs? Is there any way to determine if this is the case? If was to need new codecs, how would one go about this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Thank you very much, linney. You pointed me in the right direction. I changed some WMP options and it corrected the problem, as fars as I can tell. For others who may be having this problem, try this:

1. Open your Windows Media Player
2. Go to "Tools"
3. Click on "Options" under the "Tools" tab
4. Click on the "performance" tab
5. Click on the "Advanced" button
6. Un-check "Use Overlays"

These seemed to correct the problem for me. I'm not sure if it affected performance or anything else, but I have color back once again.

Thanks again, Linney.

hey thanks sir linney for pointing us to the right direction. i've this same prob for some time now and following your link and the procedure there fixed this issue. a star from me.

peace! [peace]

kilroy [knight]
philippines

"Once a king, always a king. But being a knight is more than enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back