Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player Options BCB6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEARTHSHAcKER

Programmer
Jan 26, 2012
Hi,

This is question about MediaPlayer component from System tab in BorlandBuilder 6.0 for C++.

I am curious is there any member function of MediaPlayer that allows us to check is MediaPlayer playing something or not? For example by returning a bool variable as true for playing, and false for not playing.

Thank you!

MrEARTHSHAcKER,

[tab]Did you get your question answered?

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Hi 2ffat, thanks for asking!

I couldn't find the answer so I used another component - WindowsMediaPlayer, ActiveX component.

Nevertheless, there ain't such function for that component too, but there is an alternative!

You have "playState" member variable, and here you got list of its possible values: Link

Then you can use PlayStateChange event ( I'm not sure if name is 100% correct) to put switch which will check if playState has reached value of 8 ( just ended playing media), afterwards you can decide what will you do with WMPlayer.

( 2ffat, by the way, I have successfully solved my problem with iterating through audio files too!)

Greets! I hope someone finds my answer useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back