Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player 7 Crashes with IE.5.5 & WinME

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshuster

Technical User
Jun 10, 2000
CA
Windows ME, IE5.5 SP1, Media PLayer 7

If I am connected to the Internet with IE5.5, and play a file such as a .wav file with Media Player 7, the player crashes with a blue screen error 0E: 0028: C005862D.
I've reinstalled all software, no differnce. If IE5.5 is closed, it works fine.

Abit KT7-RAID MB, T'Bird 800, 128MB RAM.
Any ideas?

First thing I wonder is if you have updated Media Player to it's fullest potential? Let us know if it has been.

I downloaded the latest version (7.00.00.1958) from M'soft and installed & tested it just before posting the question to the forum.

Windows update doesn't show any newer versions available.

You should start media player once you have the internet running and it should prompt you to upgrade after a few minutes. The latest MP doesn't have the pathces installed. The upgrade may not work though since it is acting up but might as well try anyway. Hae you searched Microsft yet?

Checked for updates. Only thing updated was a new plugin for Adaptec CD burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back