Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

media player 11 always starts in full screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordgalla

Technical User
Apr 1, 2005
US
Hello;I have Windows Xp Pro and Media player 11,I would like it to start like in a 4x6 size,and not full screen everytime I start it.Is there a way to get it to start like this? tried setting the shortcut properties to min. no go still full screen when I startup.When I play a movie it sizes to the movie ok.It's just when I start from the shortcut I would like it to be like a 4x6 size,Is this possible? Thankyou for any help.

In a perfect World if you resize the Media Player window then Windows should remember that setting next time you open the player.

To resize an open window.

To change the width, point to the left or right window border. When the pointer changes into a horizontal double-headed arrow , drag the border to the right or left.
To change the height, point to the top or bottom window border. When the pointer changes into a vertical double-headed arrow , drag the border up or down.
To change the height and width at the same time, point to any window corner. When the pointer changes into a diagonal double-headed arrow , drag the border in any direction.

Next time you open the new window, hopefully it will open to the size you resized it to (perhaps).

Maximize/Re-Size Program Screens
thread779-501946

AutoSizer 1.71
Automatically Resize Your Programs

AutoSizer automatically resizes programs for you, keeping them at a specific size or keeping them maximized.

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP Keyboard Shortcuts

hi linney,I dragged the corners and top to the size I wanted,exit and restart media player and full screen again.Don't know what happened,this was not like this a few weeks ago.Guess it's not a perfect world after all hey? No way to fix this without using other programs to do it?

By fullscreen do you mean maximized or do you mean fullscreen?

You could tell by my first reply that there is a bit of a history with Windows (any version, from then to now), not being able to recognize or remember previous settings.

What is life like if you log in as another user and open up Media Player?

The only solution that is probably guaranteed to work is to wait until next time you repair, or better still clean install the operating system.

These sort of fixes sometimes work.

If you want the same view for every folder try this, open any Explorer window and go via Tools/ Folder Options/ View and apply your current view to all folders.

If you want different views for different folders Open any Windows Folder Click on Tools/ Folder Options/ View. Select from the dropdown options "remember each folder's view setting".

You can also try this fix to see if it will hold your settings.

Sometimes windows XP forgets it's folder view settings.

Here is a possible solution.

Backup these RegKeys.

1:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU]

2:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags]

After that you must delete them.

Restart windows to take effect.

Now you can change each folder and the setting will stay. (Perhaps!).

Maximize/Re-Size Program Screens
thread779-501946

Word is always minimized when lauched from Internet Explorer
thread779-756385

XP Not Remembering
thread779-752310

sorry I meant maximized,everytime I start media player 11 it's maximized,I re-size it,to like 4x6 size,and close it,restart it,and it's maximized.If I click the box next to the red X in the upper right corner it will go to the size I set it to when I re-sized it.Exit out of media player and re-start and it's maximized again.Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back