Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Player 10 Doesn't Play Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithendricks

Technical User
Mar 13, 2005
US
If I try to play video (files, not DVDs, I dont have a dvd player installed so I can't try that), I get the first video frame and all the audio. If I close the application everything seems fine, but it isn't. Not only does Windows task manager show that the player process is still running, but I can not relaunch the media player application. If I dare to try and terminate the process, the machine hangs and needs to be rebooted. I've checked my video driver (for a radeon 9250) and it is current. What do I do? This problem is really annoying because if I'm browsing the internet, any imbedded media will cause the machine to hang. I dont think its a codec issue. I tried playing a video file at the media player website and that didn't work. Wouldn't I have the necessary codec to play a file from a microsoft website on a microsoft media player running on a microsoft OS (XP home)?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back